I am originally from Ireland and have lived in Finland since 2011.
I trained and qualified as a psychotherapist in Loyola University Chicago and practiced in Ireland becoming an accredited member of the Irish Association of Counselors and Psychotherapists in 2008.
How I work as a therapist?
My training as an integrative psychotherapist allows me to interact therapeutically in the way which best fits your unique narrative while establishing an authentic and empathic alliance.
The most common reasons to book therapy session with me: I work with persons who present with phase of life issues, grief, loss, relationship, anxiety, sexuality, depression, compulsions, addictions, trauma, abuse, acculturation and spiritual or existential issues in addition to couples therapy.
My experience and training
Education and training: I am an integrative psychotherapist.
- Pontifical Diploma Philosophy & Arts, 2 year full time course.
- BA Degree Theol and Phil. 4 year full time course.
- MA Degree Counseling (developmental psychology & Psychotherapy) 2 year full time course, Loyola University Chicago
- Accreditation: Irish Association of Counseling & Psychotherapy, 2008
- Irish Association of Alcohol & Addiction Counseling, 2008
- 2018 – Psychotherapy provider at the International Evangelical Church, Helsinki and Espoo
- 2016 – Psychotherapy provider at the Catholic Church Helsinki
- 2013 – 2015 Project Coordinator consultant Rinnekoti Säätiö
- 2004 -2011 Clinical case therapist, individual and couples therapy Wicklow Community addiction Services Ireland
- 1996 – 2002 Justice and Peace Coordinator, Padres de San Columbano, Alto Hospicio Chile
- 1994 -1996 Facilitator Irish Immigrant Center, London, UK
- Short-term therapy
- Due to specific Finnish requirements, I am not a VALVIRA approved psychotherapist and therefore am unable to provide KELA reimbursements.
”As a couple Andy facilitated our togetherness in a way that we had not known for a long time and both of us discovered new spaces from which we could start to think about the possibility of a future together again.”Customers
”Andy helped me to hear not only my own voice but also to befriend my self critical voice and to reason with it.”Customer